Welcome to the Real-Time and Embedded Systems (RTES) Laboratory’s homepage. RTES was founded in 2007 by Prof. Taehyoun Kim and three passionate students whose love embedded systems. And now, we are a leading research group of EtherCAT-based industrial automation in Korea. Since 2009, we have been conducting academic/practical researches on the construction of an open framework for networked motion control system development and validation in a holistic way. Our research topics include open-source based IEC 61131-3 compliant IDE for PLC applications, PC-and ARM-based real-time motion controller platform, formal verification of industrial automation systems, design and test procedure automation for motion applications.
Our research area includes as follows:
Open source based IDE and motion control platform.
- IEC 61131-3 standard compliant IDE for PLC applications.
- PC-and ARM-based real-time motion controller platform performance tuning, evaluation, and optimization.
- Design and test procedure automation for motion applications.
Real-time and Embedded Systems.
- System modeling and Formal verification.
- Performance evaluation and analysis.
- System security analysis on mobile platforms (iOS, Android).
- Development of an application for mobile wireless networks (WiBro/WiMAX).